Thursday, May 31, 2012

May MG Spotlight: Brooke Martinos


Brooke's missionary's name is Elder Ethan Hallows, he is serving in the Kennewick, Washington Mission, and he will be home March 14, 2014. She live's in Midway, Utah. But will be moving within the week to Cape Canaveral, Florida just for the summer and then will be back up at Logan, Utah for college.

Q. What is an experience on this journey that has brought you closer to your Heavenly Father so far?
A.Hmm I think an experience I had was I prayed to know that what I was doing was right to be waiting and I just got an overwhelming feeling that it was and that he would be my husband which was an amazing feeling that I hadn't felt before. And I realized Heavenly Father really does listen to me and care about what I want in life!!

Q. What blessings have you received from waiting?
A. I've been blessed with comfort and the knowledge of knowing what I'm doing is right and what I need to be doing in my life!

Q.Your favorite scripture?
A.My favorite scripture is Alma 13:28

Q.Do you have any special talents you want to share?
A.I love to sing!

Q.Any advice for other girls?
A.Hmm I'm not sure I have any advice besides just be patient. That's my biggest thing i tell myself everyday to just be patient!

A little bit more about Brooke:
well I'm 19 and so is Ethan. Lived in Utah for about 7 years now and he has lived in Utah his whole live. I met my missionary in high school, we were both Sophomores. I did the boys basketball stats and he was on the team. To be honest I never really thought about him because he was in the "popular" group and I was not ha! He said he always had his eye on me and one day he got my number from a friend of his who I was kinda interested in. He texted me and I was just so excited. I thought he was so cute and sweet and couldn't believe a guy like him was interested In a girl like me! Ha we started hanging out and getting to know each other and it was all moving so quickly! We dated for 7 months when I thought i needed a change and to date new people (big mistake on my part). We ended up not talking for a year until I decided one day over Spring Break Junior year to drive by his house. Well sure enough he was there and completely saw me drive by ha! I thought I needed to text him and we began to talk again. We have been dating ever since and all together we've been together a little over 2 years but been best friends for 4 years. Best 4 years of my life!! He is the best decision I ever made!! Ive hurt him in the past and I regret that so much but now that I have him again I'm not letting him go!! He's mine forever!!:)



I think it's safe to say we all love Brooke! She is such a blessing to have on the group. She is always so kind to everyone! And she is BEAUTIFUL!
We love you Brooke! Thanks for letting us get to know you a little better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment